6월 3일(목) 대학원 세미나 / 정유성 교수(KAIST 생명화학공학과)

by 관리자 posted Jun 01, 2021
?

단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

ESC닫기

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄
Extra Form
초청강사 정유성 교수
소속 KAIST 생명화학공학과
일시 2021년 6월 3일(목) 오후 5:00
장소 ZOOM

Accelerate Chemical Science using Machine Learning

Discovery of a new material with desired properties is the ultimate goal of materials research. A promising way to significantly accelerate the latter process is to incorporate all available knowledge and data to plan the synthesis of the next material. In this talk, I will present several directions to use informatics to efficiently explore materials chemical space. I will first describe methods of machine learning for fast and reliable predictions of materials properties that can replace density functional calculations, an essential component needed for large scale materials design. With these tools in place for property evaluation, I will next present a few initial frameworks that we have recently developed to allow generative inverse design of inorganic crystals with optimal target properties, either in the compositional space or structural space. I will finally discuss several challenges and opportunities that lie ahead for further developments of accelerated materials platform, including synthesizability of inorganic crystals and organic molecules.

20210603_대학원세미나_정유성 교수.pdf