Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄 첨부
Extra Form
초청강사 Asst. Prof. Bright Walker
소속 Department of Chemistry, Kyung Hee University
일시 2019년 10월 31일(목) 오후 5:00
장소 아산이학관 331호

Engineering energy band structures in organic and hybrid semiconductor devices using

non-conjugated polyelectrolyte films

Conjugated polyelectrolytes have long been known as effective interfacial layers in a variety of organic optoelectronic devices such as LEDs, solar cells and transistors. More recently, molecular electrolytes have been shown to cause doping in organic semiconductors. This talk reviews recent work done using non?conjugated polyelectrolyte (NPE) layers to achieve controlled N-type and P-type doping at interfaces in organic and hybrid electronic devices. To enhance electron injection in n-type organic field-effect transistors (OFETs), NPE layers were interposed between a [6,6]-phenyl-C61-butyric acid methyl ester (PCBM) layer and Au electrodes. NPEs based on an ethoxylated polyethylenimine (PEIE) backbone with various counterions including Cl-, Br- and I- improved electron mobilities up to ~10-2cm2 V-1s-1 and yielded on-off ratios (I on /I off ) of 105 in PCBM OFETs. Ultraviolet photoelectron spectroscopy (UPS) revealed that all of the NPEs reduced electron injection barriers (φe) at the NPE/metal interface. Absorption measurements suggested n- doping of the PCBM. Regardless of the type of anion, thick NPE layers led tohigh conductivity in the films independent of gate bias, whereas thin NPE layers led to dramatically improved electron injection and performance. This mechanism was further applied in perovskite solar cells and light-emitting solar cells. Cationic and anionic polyelectrolytes were able to improve electron and hole injection in perovskite solar cells by analogous n-type and p-type doping mechanisms, respectively. These results demonstrate that thin electrolyte layers can be used to achieve controlled doping at interfaces in organic and hybrid semiconductors.

Korea Univ Seminar 2019-10-31 abstract.jpg

20191031_대학원세미나_Bright Walker 교수.pdf