Next다음 문서

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄 첨부
Extra Form
초청강사 Prof. Sunmin Ryu
소속 Department of Chemistry, POSTECH, Pohang, South Korea
일시 2017년 11월 30일(목) 오후5시
장소 이학관 331

Surface Science of 2-Dimensional Crystals Probed by Optical Spectroscopy

Two-dimensional crystals (2DX) represented by graphene hold substantial potentials both in fundamental research and industrial applications owing to novel electronic and optical properties enabled by dimensional confinement. In addition, their intrinsic properties are readily manipulated by chemical entities in direct contact because of their high fraction of surface atoms. To uncover and control emerging properties, my group has explored surface and interfacial science of low dimensional materials and developed optimized spectroscopic methods. In particular, Raman spectroscopy has proven to be a versatile analytical probe because of the varying spectral features for different thickness, stacking, defect density, charge density, mechanical strain, temperature, etc. Such multimodal sensitivity, however, turns into difficulty when multiple unknown variables are to be determined simultaneously. In this talk, I will explain that the effects of strain and charges in graphene can be optically separated from each other by correlation analysis of the two modes, enabling simple quantification of both. Employing the analysis, I will present our recent findings on important surface scientific problems in 2-dimension such as structural deformation caused by substrates and thermal perturbation, interfacial charge transfer, and molecular diffusion through 2DX-substrate interface.

References

1.      J. E. Lee, G. Ahn, J. Shim, Y. S. Lee, and S. Ryu,* “Optical Separation of Mechanical Strain from Charge Doping in Graphene”, Nature Commun. 3, 1024 (2012) 

2.      J. Shim, C. H. Lui, T. Y. Ko, Y.-J. Yu, P. Kim, T. F. Heinz, and S. Ryu,* “Water-Gated Charge Doping of Graphene Induced by Mica Substrates”, Nano Lett. 12, 648 (2012) 

3.      D. Lee, G. Ahn and S. Ryu,* “Two-Dimensional Water Diffusion at a Graphene-Silica Interface”, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 136, 6634 (2014) 

20171130_세미나_Prof. Sunmin Ryu.pdf