크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄 첨부
Extra Form
초청강사 왕건욱 교수
소속 KU-KIST 융합대학원
일시 2018년 11월 15일(목) 오후 5시
장소 아산이학관 331호

Advance in Neuromorphic Hardware:

From Emerging Materials to Devices

For sustainable advancements in electronics technology, the field of neuromorphic electronics; i.e., electronics that imitate the principle behind biological synapses with a high degree of parallelism has recently emerged as a promising candidate for novel computing technologies. The first step toward realizing a massively parallel neuromorphic system is to develop an artificial synapse capable of emulating diverse synaptic functionality, such as short- and long-term plasticity, with ultralow power consumption and robust controllability. In this lecture, as a first part, I will introduce and evaluate the state of the art in neuromorphic hardware technology in terms of novel functional materials and device architectures toward the implementation of a fully neuromorphic computers that have extensively explored in recent years. As a second part, I will briefly introduce our recent approaches and achievements for the neuromorphic device technology using diverse functional materials such as nanoporous oxide-, organic-, 2D-based materials on the advanced device architectures.

20181115_대학원세미나_왕건욱 교수.pdf