세미나 Seminars

Extra Form
초청강사 Dr. Wan Ki Bae
소속 Photoelectronic Hybrid Research Center, Korea Institute of Science and Technology, Seoul, Korea
일시 2017년 4월 13일(목) 오후5시
장소 이학관 633

“Structurally Engineered Nanocrystal Quantum Dots

for Light-Emitting Applications”

Freestanding nanocrystal quantum dots (NQDs) promise the next-generation optoelectronic applications ranging from color-saturated displays to low-threshold lasers based on the cost-effective solution processing methods. Recent studies have unveiled that the structural features of NQDs govern the carrier dynamics within individual NQDs and NQD assemblies and thus have a significant impact on the performances of optoelectronic devices. In this talk, I will present how the structural features of NQDs correlate with their optical properties and the device performances. Specifically, I explain the optical and electrical properties (i.e., single exciton and multi-carrier dynamics) of NQDs in respect to their size and shape. In addition I provide the relationship between the optical and electrical properties of NQDs with the performances of corresponding devices. Furthermore, I introduce recent achievements for high performance light-emitting diodes enabled by the structurally engineered NQDs. At the end, I discuss the state-of-the-art of NQD based optoelectronic applications and their potentials/limitations for practical realization. 

20170413_세미나_Dr. Wan Ki Bae.pdf